Dr. Shafer Publications
Throughout his career, Dr. Brian M. Shafer has contributed to many articles and academic journals covering a range of topics related to eye diseases and the field of ophthalmology. Below, you can find his research explored in academic reports and national peer-reviewed journals, such as the Journal of Academic Ophthalmology and more.
- Fellowship in a Pandemic: Finding Opportunity in Crisis
- Educating the Next Generation of Ophthalmologists
- The Quest for Perfect Vision
- Clubhouse: Can I Ping You In?
- VanderZee, Brandon & Shafer, Brian & Berdahl, John. (2021). Intracranial Pressure and Its Relationship to Glaucoma. Current Ophthalmology Reports. 10.1007/s40135-021-00267-z.
- Liu T, Shafer BM, Thompson V. Update on refractive surgery. Advances in Ophthalmology and Optometry. 2021;6:325-339.
- Shafer BM, Greenwood M. Presbyopia Correction at the Time of Cataract Surgery. Curr Ophthalmol Rep. 2020; 0:1-9
- Shafer BM, Gorry TG, Tapino PJ, Airan-Javia, S. Carelign: A Novel Handoff System fort Medical and Surgical Consultants. J Acad Ophthalmol. 2020;00:1-4
- Shankar VA, Bialick SR, Shafer BM. Metastatic Squamous Cell Lung Carcinoma to the Optic Nerve Sheath Mimicking Retrobulbar Optic Neuritis. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2020;
- Shafer BM. Ixodes Scapularis: A Sight For Sore Eyes. Scheie Vision Annual Report 2019. December 2019.
- Shafer BM, Fuerst N, Massaro-Giordano G, Palladino V, Givnish T, Macchi I, Sulewski M, Orlin S, Bunya V. The Use of Self-Retained, cryopreserved amniotic membrane for the treatment of Sjogren syndrome: a case series. Digital Journal of Ophthalmology. June 8, 2018.
- Frederick Vivino, Vatinee Bunya, Giacomina Massaro-Giordano, Chadwick Johr, Stephanie Giattino, Annemarie Schorpion, Brian Shafer, Ammon Peck, Kathy Sivils, Astrid Rasmussen, John Chiorini, Jing He, Julian Ambrus. Sjogren’s Syndrome: An Update on Disease Pathogenesis, Clinical Manifestations and Treatment. Immunology (Accepted April 2019)
- Makayla McCoskey, Brian Shafer, Akosua Nti, Gui-Shuang Ying, Paul Tapino, Wei Pan, Victoria Addis. First Year Ophthalmology Residency Call Structure and its Association with Resident Anxiety and Confidence. Journal of Academic Ophthalmology (Accepted December 2019).
- Shafer BM, Lee V, Mehta S. Excision of a Large Cutaneous Horn. JAMA Ophthalmology (Accepted July 2018)
- Shafer BM, Qiu M, Rapuano CJ, Shields CL. Association Between Hay Fever and High Myopia in United States Adolescents and Adults. Eye Contact Lens. 2017 May; 43(3): 186-191
- Stull, Carolyn; Valdes-Rodriguez, Rodrigo; Shafer, Brian M; Shevchenko, Alina; Nattkemper, Leigh A; Chan, Yiong-Huak; Tabaac, Sydney; Schardt, Martin J.; Najjar, Dany M; Foster, William J.; Yosipovitch, Gil. The prevalence and characteristics of chronic ocular itch: a cross-sectional survey. Itch. March 2017. Volume 2, Issue 1, p4
- Kaidong Zhang, Brian M. Shafer, Matthew D. Demars II, Harry A. Stern, and Rudi Fasan. Controlled Oxidation of Remote sp3 C-H Bonds in Artemisinin via P450 Catalysts with Fine-Tuned Regio- and Stereoselectivity. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012; 134(45), 18695–18704.