Stephen J. Moster, MDGlaucoma, Cataract, Comprehensive Ophthalmolgy
Stephen J. Moster, MD is a board-certified cataract and glaucoma surgeon who grew up in the Philadelphia suburbs. He earned his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania, and completed his ophthalmology residency at the esteemed Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, ranked number one in ophthalmology training for the last two decades.
Dr. Moster specializes in minimally invasive and complex glaucoma surgeries, as well as premium cataract surgery. He has performed thousands of successful ocular procedures and received the Surgical Teaching Award at the University of Pennsylvania for his exceptional skills. In addition, Dr. Moster has published numerous research articles and book chapters in the field of ophthalmology. He was awarded the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s “Best Paper Award” and has spoken at several national conferences and universities.
Dr. Moster adopts an approach to care that is centered on empathy and active listening. He strongly believes in educating his patients about their eye conditions and treatment options, and values their perspectives, working collaboratively with them to identify the most suitable treatment plan.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Disability Studies from University of Maryland
- Doctor of Medicine degree from University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Internship at Albert Einstein Hospital
- Ophthalmology residency at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- Glaucoma fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital
Positions and Distinctions
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of the American Glaucoma Society
- Member of the Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology
- Clinical Assistant Professor at Temple University
- Consultant for FDA Department of Ophthalmic Devices
- Surgical Teaching Award, University of Pennsylvania
- Best Paper Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
Outside of the office, Dr. Moster enjoys the time he spends with his wife and three kids.