Cristan M. Arena, M.D. Glaucoma, Cataract, Comprehensive Ophthalmolgy
Cristan M. Arena, M.D. specializes in the surgical and medical management of glaucoma and cataracts. Board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, she obtained a glaucoma fellowship at the University of South Florida where she gained extensive experience with various glaucoma treatments and surgeries including lasers and trabeculectomies. In addition, Dr. Arena is a skilled cataract surgeon—performing both routine and complex cataract cases. She is also trained to diagnose and treat the full range of eye conditions including dry eye, eye infections, and eyelid disorders.
Dr. Arena has published a chapter in the esteemed Chandler & Grant’s Glaucoma book on her research with Laser Peripheral Iridoplasty. She also has participated in clinical research including the Effects of Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty on Intraocular Pressure and frequently gives lectures to peers and the community.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from Franklin & Marshall College
- Graduated Cum Laude from the University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Preliminary Medicine internship at The Reading Hospital and Medical Center
- Ophthalmology residency at Temple University Hospital
- Glaucoma fellowship at the University of South Florida
Positions And Distinctions
- Attending surgeon at Chester County Hospital
- Member of American Glaucoma Society
- George Frick Award for Excellence in Ophthalmology
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society